Future Leaders Award (one award): This award recognizes an individual in the first ten years of their career who has made a significant contribution to the consulting engineering industry by:
- Showing leadership within their company and the industry.
- Demonstrated excellence in consulting business practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of quality projects and results.
- Accomplished outstanding achievements in their applicable fields.
- Have shown leadership in the community.
Eligibility: Only young professionals with a maximum of 10 years of experience in consulting engineering and working in an ACEC-NB member firm will be considered eligible. Multiple nominations can be submitted from each firm.
Nomination Package Content:
Letter of nomination (maximum two pages) from the candidate’s firm. The letter should describe the person being nominated and how they meet each of the three judging criteria described below. Use examples whenever possible.
- Consulting Engineering Community Contributions (40% weighting):
- Describe how the candidate has contributed to the advancement of the consulting engineering industry through involvement with industry and professional associations.
- Explain how the candidate understands the role of consultants in the engineering industry.
- Professional Accomplishments (40% weighting):
- The candidate consistently produces high quality work in their field of practice.
- The candidate has made outstanding contributions to their own company, successfully worked with other companies, and met client needs.
- The candidate understands company business practices and works towards company goals at or above the level of expectation for their experience level and position.
- The candidate shows leadership internally at the company.
- If applicable, the candidate possesses good project management skills and completes work under an approved scope, budget and schedule. This can apply to work completed as a Project Manager or managing a technical team within a larger project.
- The candidate has established good relationships with clients.
- Community contributions (20% weighting):
- Details of the candidate’s activities and contributions to industry and professional associations. Include organization names and approximate level of commitment.
- Details of the candidate’s volunteer activities within the community at large. Include organization names and approximate level of commitment.
Additional Supporting Materials:
To support your nomination we strongly encourage that the nominator included additional materials such as the nominee’s professional resume, any special citations, and helpful recognitions from clients.
The deadline for nominations is February 17, 2024 and the award will be presented at the May 2nd Awards Gala.
Questions regarding this application can be sent to email@example.com or by calling 506-651-6562.